A criminal lawyer represents individuals or organizations charged with criminal offenses in court. Their role is to defend their clients’ rights, ensure that they receive a fair trial, and strive to achieve the best possible outcome for their clients.
Criminal lawyers may be involved in all stages of a criminal case, from pre-trial investigation to plea bargaining to trial and, if necessary, appeal. They work closely with their clients to gather evidence, investigate the charges, and develop a defence strategy that will help them achieve the best possible outcome. If the case goes to trial, a criminal lawyer will represent their client in court, cross-examine witnesses, and present evidence in defence of their client.
Overall, the main goal of a criminal lawyer is to protect their clients’ legal rights, ensure they receive a fair trial, and work towards the best possible outcome for their case.
How Can a Criminal Lawyer Help Me?
A criminal lawyer can help you in several ways if you are facing criminal charges. Here are some of the ways a criminal lawyer can assist you:
- Legal advice: A criminal lawyer can provide you with legal advice on your situation and explain the charges against you, the potential consequences, and your legal rights.
- Defence strategy: A criminal lawyer can develop a defence strategy tailored to your specific case. This may involve investigating the case, gathering evidence, and identifying weaknesses in the prosecution’s case.
- Negotiations with the Crown: A criminal lawyer can negotiate with the Crown on your behalf to try to get the charges reduced, dropped, or settled through a plea bargain.
- Court representation: If your case goes to trial, a criminal lawyer can represent you in court, cross-examine witnesses, present evidence in your defence, and argue your case to the judge and/or jury.
- Protection of your rights: A criminal lawyer can ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process, including your right to a fair trial, the right to remain silent, and the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.
Overall, a criminal lawyer can provide valuable legal assistance and guidance to help you navigate the complex legal system and achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Hiring the right criminal lawyer to handle your criminal case is the most important decision you will make. Proper representation can be the difference between an acquittal and being found guilty, which means a criminal record, the loss of liberty, and the irreputable harm to your reputation. So why hire Lockyer Zaduk Zeeh?
- The lawyers of Lockyer Zaduk Zeeh have over 100 years of experience representing individuals charged with the most serious of offences.
- We are experienced Toronto criminal lawyers and Toronto appeal lawyers that represent individuals charged with offences across Ontario and Canada.
- We handle all criminal matters which includes bail hearings, bail reviews, domestic violence, sexual assault, DUI (impaired driving), robbery, aggravated assault, and murder.
- We work closely with our clients to help build a proper defence from the first meeting, which includes subpoenaing evidence, retaining experts, and meeting with defence witnesses.
- Our lawyers are respected amongst the defence bar, by judges, and by prosecutors as being skillful advocates.
- We have a reputation built of winning cases.
- We offer different fee structures and fees that are competitive.